Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So instead of making a bunch of diff threads I'll just update and ask all questions here. I'm new to the jeep world. Just picked up a 95 zj orvis edition with the 5.2, 4-6 lift, dodge 2500 springs in rear. Not sure what's up front. Rust on rockers, didn't mind a project even though I don't weld (yet lol) dumped exhaust. I come from drag racing but have been out of that for good part of 8 years. I still have my built srt4 (original owner). Not new to wrenching but it's been a while. I'll post some pics of the few concerns I have with suspension. No death wobble. Steering is lose though. Not sure what to tackle first, most likely suspension. I love the loud exhaust but will do headers and maybe some cutouts and a good flowing muffler or just straight piped with resonators. Found the thread on here about the first 4 mods that guy likes. So looking for suggestions on those pics

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
567 Posts
the springs are way wrong for a ZJ, and the rear end needs its rubber isolators refitted before it splits the body shell seam :)
ZJ springs are parallel from top to bottom :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm incase I can't do it, I'll find a good shop near south for worth

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just noticed what seems to be trans fluid underneath, red color. The trans kit still available at parts store (filter with gasket). Looks like it's coming fro. Trans pan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the pcv valve Jose isn't connected, open. Jose is plugged on engine side. Why would they? Doing some work on it today. Fixing the dip stick tube leak. Been getting hard to start. Will do a time up, plugs wires maybe new cap and coil

·
Super Moderator
567 Posts
So the pcv valve Jose isn't connected, open. Jose is plugged on engine side. Why would they? Doing some work on it today. Fixing the dip stick tube leak. Been getting hard to start. Will do a time up, plugs wires maybe new cap and coil
Most likely plugged up as the hoses and pipes can crack with age and use, and the previous owner was too tight to buy a new hose assembly :) and yes I need to replace my front breather hose as I broke it doing some work on the engine :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It wasn't cracked. Reconnected it. So 2 more thins. Dip stick tube, guessing this is suppose to have a bolt and nut, what size

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So connected that, air hat nut was missing and intake tube was lose tighten all that down and actually cranked quicker. Seemed to take a bit for the trans to "build pressure" maybe. Would not shift properly till it warmed up (this is my first auto I'm ever working on)

·
Registered
3 Posts
So connected that, air hat nut was missing and intake tube was lose tighten all that down and actually cranked quicker. Seemed to take a bit for the trans to "build pressure" maybe. Would not shift properly till it warmed up (this is my first auto I'm ever working on)
I had the same problem with my granny on my 4.0 and I put 8 OZ of brake fluid in the tranny and solved my problem, my issue started after my engine broke down and I parked for 2 years so all seals get dry and the brake fluid restore the seals old tricks I learn long time ago! my 0.2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts