Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got a 93 grand cherokee with a 2" coil spacer lift on it and 30" tires currently. Eventually I plan on adding a 4" rough country lift kit, I was wondering if I could also use the 2" coil spacer lift? If so, will it make the ride stiffer than not using them?

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
You can add them, but that would put you at 6 Inches on short arms. The angle of your control arms will be very steep, and it will ride much harsher than stock. There are people that run that height on short arms, but I personally feel that 4.5 inches is about the limit before going to long arms. At 6 inches on short arms, you are also much more likely to break control arm mounts off of the unibody when wheeling.

Again, many people have run at 6 inches on short arms with no problems and are willing to deal with the harsh ride. But if you decide to stay short arm, I would make sure you have upper and lower adjustable arms so that you can dial in your pinion angles. At that height, you may also need to modify your driveshafts. At 6 inches, some people have problems, and others don't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts