Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my cheap lift options for a ZJ? BB's are obviously cheap. What about with springs? Can I simply buy 3in springs plus shocks, and not have to get conrol arms or other components? Any other options? Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
other than a budget boost a front to rear swap is going to be the next cheapest way to go.

buy whichever front 3 inch springs you decide on, 4 shocks, a rear track bar bracket
and you should be good to go. put the factory front springs in the rear the new front springs up front and so on.

probably would be good to get either upper or lower control arms also because any more increase in lift after that and your looking at problems with the driveline, brake line extensions, adjustable trackbars and so on.
oh yeay, if you dont get an adjustable front trackbar you will have to redrill a hole on the axle end of the trackbar mount to center the vehicle on the axle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New School Woody on 2002-03-04 22:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I can stack the coil spacers? Are there any modifications I need to make to them to do this? Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi, I am in the same boat. I want to lift my 97 ZJ but dont have the funds to go all out. I found a 2" spacer kit from rockyroadoutfitters.com which is actually a 2' block that can also be added to the existing spacers to ive a total of like 2.5 or 2 3/8" of lift. This is better than the terra boost or others i think because first, they have a lifetime warranty, second they are $80.00 for a set of 4, and third they are actually 2" before they are instlled. The others become 2" after stacking on top of the existing spacers. As far as shox, i wanted to put on bilsteins, but then realized, all i need are some Rancho RS 5000 or equivelent which cost about $35 a piece with the boots. You can get these from summit racing @ summitracing.com. Im pretty shore tehy are between 35 adn $40 a piece.

Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts