Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 95 the other day that I want to build into an overland rig. I want to remove the carpet and do something like rhino liner on the floor but I also thought about layering it onto the carpet it’s self. Has anyone tried either of these yet? Does it make it easier to clean or does it just add tons of road noise?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did my 04 Grand interior with SEM Rock-It XC bedliner, brushed it on. The kit is pretty expensive however I bought just a Quart and the required catalyst from my local GNE paint store, it was ordered and never picked up. The stuff stinks, is sticky as can be and a real mess. That's the bad part, this stuff is TOUGH! Also makes a great sound deadener. I removed every bit of carpet from mine and honestly I cannot tell the difference in sound. Maybe slightly more on a wet road but very slightly. The welcome side benefit is now the funky smell I could never get rid of is gone, carpet reeked something terrible.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dont see painting the carpet as being a good idea from any perspective. That's just asking for rust and mold.
If your carpet is gross or worn out, you may be surprised at how inexpensive replacing it can be. Then put some nice mats over the new stuff to keep it good and you will never regret your choice.
If you think you want bedliner, thats okay too, but strip it out and clean it before coating, and accept the fact that you will most likely be the last owner of the vehicle because permanent modifications make it difficult to sell later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts