Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 GC TSI with the inline 6. I can't decide which muffler to get. I'm looking at Borla, Dynomax, and Flow 40 series. Any sugestions?

·
Registered
499 Posts
i have the gibson and all i gotta say is it rocks, this exhaust has a real throaty sound and is guaranteed for life. also you will feel the horsepower gains immedietly

·
Registered
47 Posts
greengrandy, what jeep do you have, I have a 96ZJ with 5.2L V8. I am thinking abot getting the Gibson Catback system. I havn't heard it personaly, but it sound like it has the sound I prefer and I also heard you can really notice a small power increase. Does the cylinder constructions that the system is made on reduce ground clearance? That is one of my largest concerns with the system. Also, does that lifetime warranty include darnage from water? Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Of the three mufflers you mentioned, I have experience with Dynomax. They are great mufflers and match the performance of the more expensive mufflers.

If you plan on keeping the Jeep for more than 5 years, and live in a humid area, consider something stainless. Otherwise, aluminized is just fine.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have the inline 6 motor, but you lose no ground clearence frome the muffler, and it gives my 6 a throaty growl so imagin what an 8 would sound like, i believe as long as you purchased the muffler you can bring it back for anything wrong with it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kolak

I'de go w/ the "Kolak" exhaust. I have one on my 4.0L and it sounds great! He recomends a Flowmaster 70 Series w/ a 2-1/2" inlet/outlet, a carsound converter w/ a 2-1/2" inlet/outlet, Along w/ a Mike Leach tail pipe and an Angles Plating Stainless Steel tip makes a very impressive exhaust system. It closely mimmiks the sound of the V8, especial @ idle. At highway speed it's barely noticable over stock & when you get on the gas, you know It's there.

Hope that has helped,

James

·
Registered
24 Posts
Agreed

Go with Kolak email him ([email protected]) with the year of your Jeep and engine and he will give you a quote for your exhaust set up, all you have to do then is have it installed :lol:
Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I went with a custom Flowmaster exhaust,and I am very happy with sound and HP gain. I used a 50 series muffler.

rmrGCL01---Where did you get the throttle body? I have the Flowmaster exhaust, JET low temp. 180 thermostat, Jet throttle boby spacer & K&N generation II FIPK on my '01 WJ. It helps out with the lift and tires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Throttle Body

My TB is from http://www.speedtweaks.net/ on the left hand side of their web page you will see throttle bodies check them out right there :thumbsup:
I bought a Fastman TB for $209.00.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts