Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was browsing around on my phone and I ran across this article and found it on the net.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519965,00.html

How is not it blatant racism to buy things from black owned stores. If I created a group and we vowed to only support white stores or if any store said a black person couldn't shop there, there would be an uproar.

I don't get it, aren't we all supposed to put race's aside and get along?

Honestly, hearing about this stuff makes me resentful towards people.

Its a good thing they aren't in my state or I would find em and give them a piece of my mind, lol

p.s blah blah, no comments needed about FOX news, its news so get over it.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I could not agree with you any more. Discrimination is discrimination. Period. The pinko liberals will try to argue that this sort discrimination is justified in order to compensate for past discrimination. What BS.

Note that I use the term discrimination because essentially the same phenomenon occurs based on gender, class, sexual orientation, and so forth.

Lastly, I would never call for laws to ban this sort of discrimination. For sure, goverment should be legally barred from discriminating but, as ugly as it can get, I believe the free citizens should free to discriminate. I believe that social sanctions are much more powerful then legal sanctions when it comes to combating discrimination. If the black businessman will only sell to black people then I would like to think that a majority of black people would see that as wrong, not patronize the store, and he would go out of business.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Fawking ridiculous. This is why I cannot stand people, and some more than others. How can you preach "change" and "brotherhood" when all you do is ***** and whine that when things dont go your way but you in turn do the same thing and think its alright. You give them an inch and they take a mile I swear. I dont care what color you are but if your racist you are racist. I completely agree with you two on this...

RockZJ

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
231 Posts
"My People have been here for 400 years"

If you were born in this country, you're an American. Americans have been here for 500+ years. Time to drop the racism thing. It's not that black people aren't allowed to own toy stores, it just so happens that none want to. How is that the white toy store owner's fault?

I can't help but to think MLK would be furious with something like this.

·
Administrator
2,695 Posts
I can't help but to think MLK would be furious with something like this.
I would agree with you. MLK wanted equality not "reverse racism" (I use this term only to describe this situation because this is the main stream term, personally I believe racism is racism, it is the unfair discrimination against someone based soley on their race, and no matter what this is wrong). It makes me mad that the practice described in this article is completely accepted, and no one will think twice about it. If you were to reverse the parties, it would be considered racism, and protests and marches would commence, and the people that took part in the racism would be publicly humiliated and shamed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree as well...racism is, and always will be about a division between races, this is an example of racism plain and simple!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Oh Delphi automotive had news info about their buying from minority owned suppliers.
Black folks in engineering had "society of black engineers"...........when there already are tons of groups for each engineering type (ceramic, hybrids, microelectronics, EE, ME and a ton of others).

They b*tch and complain about not being included and then purposefully make their own groups and refuse to assimilate.

Screw political correctness, "except" is not the same as "accept" but the liberals and most black groups seem to think they are.

Burns me up.

Exactly why when 3 special engineers would walk abreast down the aisle (2 way traffic, sized for 2 passing 2) I'd go "bowling". Walk strong, turn shoulder and just nail 'em.

Got a few trained to duck behind and go 2 abreast only (when they saw me anyway).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts