Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

Budget tires for you

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Czkoreyx 
#1 ·
About a month ago I bought. My WK it desperately needed tires, I found these at Walmart, for my 245/65/17 I paid $97 each. My son had them on his Ranger and I wouldn't get in any serious mud. They do good off road some minor mud they'll get you through. On road
they stick like a high performance sport - tire. My truck corners like it is on rails. Sorry for the duplicate pictures it appeared it didn't add them so I added a again, then couldn't delete them. 'if someone can help me on the I would appreciate it

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey bud! They meet everyday about banning me.
These really caught my eye initially on pricing and they are made by a reputable company unfortunately they're exclusive to Wally world. You didn't post the name I had to blow up the picture to figure out what you were talking about. Seems to me there's a lot of copying in the tire business I was looking at some lexani beast ATs, and it seems like Lionheart makes almost The identical Tire or that you're probably aware vendors throw up whatever damn picture they want. In any case how many miles do you have on them I am leery of 5:20 treadwear I'm currently running wranglers I've never been impressed with those on treadwear. At the half Warren point they usually start riding like a buck wagon however I've been re-educated that if you put shocks on the vehicle every 50 or 60,000 miles they don't ride so bad at all. But they're on the way out so how is the noise on these any kind of the tractor at all I'm looking at tires that are more on the 175 area either pirelli's or toyos and the write-ups are astounding on those dad was a pirelli Michelin Man and the right up on the scorpions is fantastic so I'm really interested in 100 $100 Tire. Especially when I'm going to go wheels too give me your rolling dimensions how is that tire sit on the ground what are you running it on and how does it sit inside the suspension and rubbing per se. Anything else you can add I am interested I appreciate the fact that you took the time to put these up. Like a bunch thanks for your response!
TJ in the CJ eating p& j- hard to be

#3 ·
I don't have but maybe 4,000 miles. I don't drive the truck a whole lot. It's a 07 Grand Cherokee, and I just went back with OEM size, because that's all I need. So they fit they truck perfect. I bought it used and it had some worn out past bald tires, same size, and 4 different brands at that. These look a lot better than those did, but I can't tell you how they look or fit based on the factory tires. I like them as much now as I did the day I got them. My son had the same tire on a Ranger 4x4, and he got in some mud with them and they did a good job, getting in and getting back out. If I was going to be off-road a lot, I would go with a mud terrain tire, I could have gotten away with a street tire, but between looks, and the possibility that I might have to go down to the lower 40 to pick up the 20ft trailer, when it might be wetter than I like, I went with these. I parked under a tree a couple weeks ago, in the dirt because grass just won't grow in that shade, I had to drive across 5 large tree roots to park. Got up the next morning with it raining, and it rained for the next 4 days, before I decided to move the truck, by that time there was about1.5 to 2 inches of water on top of the mud, because the ground was saturated, it's that grey slime clay, but I pulled right out, the tires would spin just a little going across the roots, but in the mud they got good traction.

My tires are 265/65/17's, and you are right there is a lot of copy cats in the tire business. I was also looking at Amazon, and I saw a different tread pattern sold under 7 different brands. I only saw one other tire in this pattern, but it was about $20/tire more and made in China. So I went with the American company. Here is the other brand....GT Radial . There was one other tire I was really interested in, because the tread looks like . I just don't think it would get that good of traction off-road. But they would look good on my truck.

This is what finally made up my mind, I knew they did good on my sons Ranger, in the mud. The also rode great on the Ranger. I could have made it with street tires no more than I'll be off road, it's still a 4x4 even with street tires, so I might just have had to wait a day or two to get to the trailer, no big deal. I knew they would look good, you can't see it, but there is a fake tread wrap around the sidewall, almost to the rim, so from a distance it does look like it wraps around. But the big thing was, at $100 a tire even if they weren't the best tires, I haven't lost any money. It's worth $100 to find out if I like them or not. I couldn't see spending $150 to $300/tire. I can always replace them early if I want to and still come spending less than one set of other brands. Not to mention it's an American company, the tires are made in either North or South Carolina I want to say. So that's jobs for American workers, not Chinese workers.

Give them a try, it sounds like you think the same way I do, and have about the same needs that I do. I really think you will be glad you did. Your Welcome, I saw people talking about buying tires that cost what my mortgage cost, and I knew there would be other guys needing a good tire at a good price. If you have any other questions, let me know, I tried to think of anything that might help you, but it doesn't seem like I included everything I needed to.

#7 ·
It's funny I got this response today,, because I was planning on reporting the latest today

UPDATE:
I have now had the chance to get the Jeep in some mud. It wasn't a lot, mainly just the first 5 or so inches, not enough to call mud riding, but enough a 4X2 would not make it. I had no trouble at all, I took a friend down to his dad's barn to get a load of household stuff. This was the day after a heavy rain. There was a mix of mud types, started off with some red clay, that's not too bad to get through, but can be a pain if you don't have the right tires. Then about a quarter of the way down in a low spot, it changes to that grey slime. You know that stuff that is slicker than snot on ice. Had some wheel spin, which can be fun in certain sitations, but when trying to climb a hill of that stuff, not so much. Then down at the barn it was more red clay. Pulled through all of it with not problem. I did mention a little wheel spin, but it wasn't enough to cause problems. Other than I had to wash the truck to get the mud off, but that is included in the fun part. LOL