Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a 2 inch budget boost for my 1993 zj. I was wondering if you have any suggestions on the brands that I should get. Also, when I do put on the bb am I going to need to get new, longer shocks?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think a lot of people rave about the Tera-Flex so-called "2'" Budget Boost. It's supposed to give you 2" but I'm not sure how they do that with 1.5" coil packers. I think it includes bump stops which seem to be important if you run 31" tires to keep them out of the fenders/front bumper. Plus a t-case drop kit which will help with driveline vibration.

G

·
0 Posts
the BB by teraflex is a full 2" kit if you retain the stock isolaters. if you remove them it is a 1.5 inch kit. also, you od not need longer shocks but it is reccomended

G

·
0 Posts
the teraflex BB runs for about 100 dollars. ebay usually has a few of their kits if your type in JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE or JEEP ZJ. I believe that you can also order them from Wilsons4x4.com.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anthony over on the JU board sells spacers for $55 shipped. You retain your stock isolators for 2" lift, and the shocks are up to you. Not sure if the stock ones would work or not, and I don't think most people run TC drops with just a BB.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You do not need to do anything with the TC with just a BB. If you want to disconnect your sway bars you will need longer shocks about 1".
Anthony over on JU will custom make spacers for whatever size you want. Just search his name for his e-mail.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm running 245/75-16 with no problems. If you really wanted to you could probably run 265/75s if you wanted to trim your front bumper :hammer:

Brett

1 - 11 of 11 Posts