Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Jeep WJ 4.0L V6 with a Dana 35C Rear Axle. The other day, to my horror, my rear lower control arm and mount (passenger side)rusted off the frame underneath. I've been pretty resourceful with this one and am having a Fabricating company nearby make me a new LCA mount and frame rail for the LCA. Now, here's the thing...the rear axle has shifted forward a bit and I need to know: Where do I weld the new mount so the axle lines up straight? How do I measure to make sure that the axle gets lined up properly? I already know about using ratchet straps to pull it back and all that. But how do I know when it is aligned properly? Is there some sort of measurement I can use that's floating around? I could really use help with this one. I've been searching all over the place for info, and all I can find is information on ZJ, TJ, XJ, etc. Nothing on WJ's! So frustrating, but that's why I'm here I guess...Any help would be great THANKS!

·
Super Moderator
566 Posts
Only way I can think is to measure both sides of a good WJ to get the front to rear mount length both sides and the side to side widths between mounts :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts