Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Greetings from Geneva Switzerland and man what a great site NAGCA is. I have a 97 GC limitid 5.2. i replaced the four brake pades a couple of months ago. the prob is that now when driving over 20 miles the driver side squeeks on and off depending on the directon and road surface. my garage couldent find any problem. anyone have any ideas as its extrimally anoying.Allso just orders a Cat Back Gibson does it bring that butifull american V8 sound out the the 5.2 is laking in stock mode?.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will, as soon as i get it. Unfortunily i have to wait a couple of weeks as over her in europe offroad shops dont stock Jeep goodies especially not for GC as they are mostly driven by bankers wifes(Bummer)but hay thats life.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Did you apply anti-squeal to the backs of the pads before installing?

Jay

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i dident. I think its got somthing to do with the pushrod not leting the pad release all the way back?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Yes, they're designed to always have a slight amount of drag. That's why the anti-squeal. If you don't have any, try removing the pads and applying a light coat of high temperature grease to the backs of the braks pads before reinstalling.

Jay

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks i will give it a try.
Regards
Arran

1 - 7 of 7 Posts