Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice the rear lights in the liftgate operate as tail and back-up only.
Has anyone tried/thought/checked-out making the red section illuminate as brake/turn lights, also?

I know, I'm weird. I'm in the middle of replacing the "rear fogs", from reflectors to operable brake/tail lights. And, I thought, the more brake lights the better.

TIA,
EJ

· Registered
2001 WJ 4.0L, 157,000mi
17 Posts
Has anyone tried/thought/checked-out making the red section illuminate as brake/turn lights, also?

I know, I'm weird. I'm in the middle of replacing the "rear fogs", from reflectors to operable brake/tail lights. And, I thought, the more brake lights the better.

TIA,
EJ

TIA,
EJ
what model and year!

· Registered
2001 WJ 4.0L, 157,000mi
17 Posts
Wow! Not weird…just “unusual”, hahaha.
Those rear bulbs: brake/running-park bulb, caution bulb, backup bulb are there for each specific function- don’t mess with them!
If your changing one, replace all of them on both sides using long/extended life halogens. I also use dilectic grease, a very thin film on all my electrical bulb contacts. Others on this forum, much smarter than me may want to contribute to this thread

1 - 4 of 4 Posts