Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

441 - 460 of 467 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
Thanks!

I went with red harnesses as a tribute to the red interior of my old ZJ.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
Went wheeling all day Saturday and the seats and harnesses made all the difference in the world. I can't believe I am just now getting them. It makes for a much more enjoyable ride.

·
Registered
332 Posts
how do you mean that? not bouncing around in the seats?
how comfortable day to day?

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
Not bouncing or sliding around, and not having to fight to stay in the deat when off-camber. As far as day to day, I think it would be a PITA getting in and out every day, but my rig is a 90% trail rig.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
Went and wheeled Potts Mountain, VA a couple days ago. About 6" of snow on the ground and some fun wheeling!!

http://youtu.be/P4XVeVKPZp8

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pretty impressive on the trail man!!

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
Nice line, I was shocked how easily you made it up that last section. You hit the throttle at just the right time.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
Nice line, I was shocked how easily you made it up that last section. You hit the throttle at just the right time.
Thanks. An XJ went right before me (the only person on the trail in front of me, and you can see how much he tore it up) and it took him about 20 minutes to get up that last section. After seeing him struggle, I knew I needed to keep constant throttle, and then hammer down right at the top once I started sliding.

I watch the video and I am amazed how much my hands turn the wheel... when you are in the moment, you just react and don't think about it... I was sawing that thing haha.

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
Nice, I wondered how many rigs had gone up before, it looked like several due to how much the snow was kicked up.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
Well the ZJ is going to a new home today. I am extremely sad to see it go, but all good things come to an end. One day I will be back in a trail rig, but for now I am going to have to ride "winch b*tch" in my buddies rigs if I get the chance to go.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Oh man no one likes to ride as winch b*tch!!!!! Sorry to see your rig go I sure liked it. But you will be in another before you know it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Awesome thread and build!! I am going to do a 44 swap in my 5.9 and was wondering... Is it as simple as welding the new brackets, coil buckets, etc on and bolting it in or did you have to rotate the knuckles any? I saw your iro steering worked which was another concern of mine. Any advice? Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #456
Awesome thread and build!! I am going to do a 44 swap in my 5.9 and was wondering... Is it as simple as welding the new brackets, coil buckets, etc on and bolting it in or did you have to rotate the knuckles any? I saw your iro steering worked which was another concern of mine. Any advice? Thanks in advance!!
Thanks.

I did not have to rotate the knuckles, and the iro steering worked great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks! I also was wondering what did you do for your brackets on that? Is there a kit you used? Coil buckets, arm mounts, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #458
Thanks! I also was wondering what did you do for your brackets on that? Is there a kit you used? Coil buckets, arm mounts, etc.
I used Clayton brackets.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
Do I know this jeep? :)

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4167930689.html

"PRICE REDUCED"CRAWLER 94 jeep grand cherokee Limited 5.2L - $12500 (gypsum)

1994 jeep grand cherokee limited
-full exo-skeleton w/ in cab cage tie-in's
-7" clayton long arm lift w/ BDS coils
-1 ton cross over steering. New power steering pump
-Ford 8.8 in the rear w/ Detroit locker and chromoly shafts. Just gone through. Bearing, seals, fluid
-Dana 44 in the front w/ Aussie locker, chromoly shafts, Warn premium hubs
-NP231 part time t-case w/ slip yoke eliminator
-Professionally built CV drive shafts
-Warn 9000lbs winch
-ARB front bumper and custom rear bumper w/ tire carrier
-35/12.50r15 Pitbull Rockers 90% tread left
-Corbeau Racing seats in the front w/ 5 point harness

This jeep is ready to go wheeling. Just went through the whole thing and fixed any problems it had. The only thing that is left is that it has a cracked windshield. I can put one in if I need to and add it to the price.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
going to be curious how close to 12,500 he gets ! especially when most built rigs are going for 5-7k
man if I could get 7k i would sell my rig also - getting bored =)

441 - 460 of 467 Posts