Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

421 - 440 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I remember looking at the photos when you first posted, You've come a long way with it since the beginning!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have clayton longarms front and rear. Now that the suspension is under the 94, it looks like I need to push the front axle forward a little. What are other ZJ wheel bases with clayton long arms?
Mines about the stock location - rear axle is a little further back.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Finally got the rear bumper on. It was so twisted from the roll that it took a little massaging to get it on this one (hence the black paint where the massaging had to take place). Dropping the jeep off on Saturday for the cage and corbeau seats install to begin.

It has a little rake to it right now and is a little tall, but I think once the cage is on there and the spare tire is on the bumper it will sit about where I want it.

Attachments

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
That thing is a monster and those tires are so mean looking, I like the look, it looks clean.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
Thanks man, I think this one is much cleaner than the last one. Hopefully once the cage is on there, I can get the bumpers and cage all the same color. I won't know what to do with my self when there is no random black parts on my rig haha.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
Will do, cage starts on Sunday! Going for a hybrid this time.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
Well phase one of the cage is done. Still have the Corbeaus to mount and tie in the new seat mounts to the cage, also going to add more triangulation to the interior b pillar tube. But for now this is what she looks like (before paint of course).

Attachments

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
I like the steps, very unique and cool.

So this is before the paint huh, didn't you say that about your first ZJ? Haha, we'll see how long it takes before/if these tubes get painted :)

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
HAHA, true, I do have a thing about putting paint off until the very end :)

My motivation to get the tube painted soon is I don't want to have to sand surface rust off of it first, so the clock is ticking.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #431
Got the cage painted. Next is using a BFH on the front inner fenders to keep the tires out of the sheet metal.

Attachments

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
That has to look very intimidating to anyone in a passenger car that looks in the rear view mirror as you pull up to the light behind them... :)

Very aggressive looking, and the lines flow well with the Jeep. Good job.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #433
Thanks! I just want to get a chance to get on the trail and see how she does. Hopefully heading out on the 12th.

It certainly gets some looks on the road, but it doesn't see much road time.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
Took the new jeep out this weekend. She did great. Still have a little fender trimmming to do in the rear but overall it was very successful. And the V8 is nice!

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
I love wheeling with a v8, it makes idling up obstacles easier.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
I was surprised how little throttle I needed in places where I used to have to bump it pretty hard. Having the same 4.88s behind the 5.2 instead of the 4.0 helps as well.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #437
After six months, I finally got back on the trial last weekend, here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #439
A few teaser pics of the new seats.

Attachments

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
That is some nice tube work, and the seats look great!

421 - 440 of 467 Posts