Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just lifted my jeep and now looking for a set of 31s kinda cheap. im not looking for a mud tire but a good a/t tire good in a mud, snow, and wet roads. iv got several in mind but arnt great in each area. i like the BFG all terrain t/a ko and the Firestone destination a/t and mastercrast axt. if i had the money i would buy goodyear duratracs but they are to pricy for me at $191 each at my tire shop. can any one recomend me a good a/t tire for under 150 each? i really like the looks BFGs but heard there not good in snow. if anyone has another option let me kno

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Go on craigslist and type in "31x10.50" and take your pick....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i checked craigslist in my local areas and nothing showed up worth going and looking at. used 31x10.50s are hard to come by in my area as everybody runs them on there pickups and farm wagons and homemade trailers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like the looks of the falken rocky mountain ats ill have to check if my local tire shop can get them. no hard feelings to discount tire but ur nearest store is 50 miles away and we have always bought tires from our local shop and im really good friends with the owner he let me work there during highschool

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've run 31" BFG all terrain t/a ko on my ZJ for years. Thousands of miles on and off road from Nevada to Northern Idaho and soon back to Nevada. Hardcore mud tires they are not, but have been good to me in everything else I have thrown at them including snow..on and off road both...

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
i like the looks of the falken rocky mountain ats ill have to check if my local tire shop can get them. no hard feelings to discount tire but ur nearest store is 50 miles away and we have always bought tires from our local shop and im really good friends with the owner he let me work there during highschool
No problem. If he has any problem ordering them have him call us and set up a wholesale account. 1.888.459.4080.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ive had some good wearing with General Grabber AT2's and they were in the price range when i picked them up 2 years ago. Work well for on and offroad.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
check these out, they had to buff off the name because of an error

4 31" for $500 you can't beat that..

link...

plus free shipping ! ! !

see my other post, I run them and they really dig hard..
I wouldn't run those even if you gave them to me for free, I'm a tire snob and know from the experience of watching others that saving a few dollars is not worth shredding a cheap junk tire and getting towed out. Not to mention the wreck you would cause trying to drive in the snow with those.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've driven 2 heavy snowed winters with these, so until you've ran these and spent a couple winters up here, your opinion doesn't mean much to my real world experience..

and they run in the snow great..

while you may get a bit of snow in Utah, that's nothing compared to up here..

this was 1966 and yes those are telephone poles..

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
The tires in the ebay link you provided look quite different from the tires you have been using on your Ranger, the ones on the Ranger appear to have a much better tread pattern and some siping. As for snow, I grew up in Maine and have driven many miles over snowy roads, not to mention I used to work in the ski industry in Colorado and would drive about 13k miles between Nov-Apr. What I do know is that among the 7 sets of BFG A/T's, 3 sets of MT/R's, and 2 sets of KM2's I have used over the years, I have never had a single flat or been stuck on the main section of any trail. But I have watched many other vehicles running generic brand tires slice sidewalls and some have even had the lugs rip completely off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
nope if you look close at the sidewall in this pic, you can make out the Mud Claw name..

sorry I came off harshly most people say that then you find out they live in Florida or something lol,

but this will be my 3rd set when they get here and I will continue to use them..

read the side wall on the front tire..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts