Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I'm a first time jeep owner and my jeep is having some issues, the battery voltage goes up and down, i had the jeep on parking with the engine on and the voltage dropped to 10.2 and the jeep engine went off, also the lights are bouncing, could this be the battery? help please (2017 laredo)

Also it looks like there is a leak around the water pump (is that a common issues)

· Registered
2001 WJ 4.0L, 157,000mi
20 Posts
Hello guys I'm a first time jeep owner and my jeep is having some issues, the battery voltage goes up and down, i had the jeep on parking with the engine on and the voltage dropped to 10.2 and the jeep engine went off, also the lights are bouncing, could this be the battery? help please (2017 laredo)

Also it looks like there is a leak around the water pump (is that a common issues)
Could be a battery BUT, I would first check voltage output from the alternator- should be at least 13v
The leak, wow!! You need to l check hose(s) integrity for leak, Clamps- are they secure enough. Look carefully, for leak source- is it between pump body and the block, base of the pump body??

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i took my jeep to a local shop and they were able to fin the problem, it was related to the negative cable in the battery compartment, it looks like the cable was making a short. The cable was replaced and so far the jeep is running good, the engine doesn’t go off as before, and the pump was replaced and so far there is not leaks.

· Registered
2001 WJ 4.0L, 157,000mi
20 Posts
So i took my jeep to a local shop and they were able to fin the problem, it was related to the negative cable in the battery compartment, it looks like the cable was making a short. The cable was replaced and so far the jeep is running good, the engine doesn’t go off as before, and the pump was replaced and so far there is not leaks.
GREAT!! Hope that’s what it really is the source of the problem… keep all of us updated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts