Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
It is suposidly comming out in acouple of months, they pushed the release date back a bit./forum/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have they said anything about a price on it? Or even an estimate?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.rockkrawler.com/zjsystem.html

Yeah...they have told me the price of $1,850+S&H will be about right.

And i know that the kit is currently being fabbed for inventory.

I just wanna be first on the list :eek: so i can get them 33's on /forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RufftyTuffty on 2002-01-30 13:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just realized something...you could still apply spacers and bump it up to 9"!!! THAT'S FREAKIN INSANE!

·
Registered
136 Posts
On 2002-01-30 13:35, RufftyTuffty wrote:

And i know that the kit is currently being fabbed for inventory.

I just wanna be first on the list :eek: so i can get them 33's on /forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Not sure if you're aware but there is a ZJ and WJ long arm kit already on the market. How do I know? it's been under my ZJ since Aug. 01. It's made by Clayton, owner of Clayton's Hard Parts. Send him an email for all the specifics, [email protected]

There are currently 20+ people using this conversion. Even if there were other companies on the market selling a kit, I would still choose this one. I guess you really need to see it to understand what I'm talking about.

There's a pic of my ZJ in my sig. I had lots of close-ups on the long arms but lost everything when Photopoint went under /forum/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Jay

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PlatinumZJ on 2002-01-30 20:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
47 Posts
So You actually recomend Clayton's over the new RK lift? Why is that? I did notice Rocky Mountain Long Arm lift on the site here, and it was hugified and looking nice. Is that the same deal that Clayton has going? How do the two compare etc.
I'm still a little unclear about all of the "long arm" lifts and what they all entail. I'm kinda new to all this stuff, so I just put on something that I would know how to do. Change the springs, and put on spacers before hand...simple, but time consuming!
Is that what the new RK lift is considered? A long arm lift? Is that just because you have to have longer control arms(front/back/upper/lower)?
And are there any other special/custom mods that have to be done when you apply a lift like this because it's so high that would make lifting it more expensive than just the lift itself?
Any or all explained would be wonderful. Just post or e-mail me. Open to anyone and everyone

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure if you're aware but there is a ZJ and WJ long arm kit already on the market. How do I know? it's been under my ZJ since Aug. 01. It's made by Clayton, owner of Clayton's Hard Parts. Send him an email for all the specifics, [email protected]

There are currently 20+ people using this conversion. Even if there were other companies on the market selling a kit, I would still choose this one. I guess you really need to see it to understand what I'm talking about.

Who is going to install it for me?(I can't afford to drive to CT and back)
What else am I going to need beyond his kit, from stock?

·
Registered
136 Posts
ZJ Dave: Sent ya an email *EDIT: email was returned (Unknown Username)?

LeeX: No need to come to CT for the install. If you know of a trusted mechanic/welder in your area you will have no problem installing the kit. Clayt provides instructions and could help your installer with questions if necessary.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PlatinumZJ on 2002-01-31 08:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have heard of this kit also...but haven't managed to find much about it on the net.

How much does the complete CLAYTON kit run ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry for the confusion PlatinumZJ. I thought that I had allowed users to see my e-mail address, but apparently I hadn't. I changed it so they can now. E-mails are now more than welcome, as always!:D

·
Registered
519 Posts
Claytons kit kick ass, it'l beet RK any day. i'v been on JU for about a year now and i'v seen what it can do. also i trust clayton way more than RK. he is a friendly person to work with and he is always full of answers. also you could probably go past 12" with the Clayton long arms. althought anything over 6 is a wast of space and very dangerouse to wheel with if your not a very experienced 4x4er. remember this IS a jeep and they are not exactly the most stable vehicles, that is for rollovers. remember for every inch in lift you gotta back space 1.5"(per side) to keep the stock rollover point. Go on JU and look for a guy named Tabbs1000 he has a ZJ on coilovers that it around 12" i think. check it out
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com

·
Registered
75 Posts
Am I right in understanding that Clayton's kit is ONLY the long arms? The RK kit is a full kit with springs, shocks, etc. I haven't seen Clayton's kit in action, but I sure would love to. I've only heard good things about it. Has anyone tried to mod the Skyjacker Rock Ready kits for the Grand?

·
Registered
47 Posts
From what I understand, the way to go is to get the 7' springs from RR and get the arms from Clayton's, and you're good to go.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Going Glaytons is a more expensive route. How do i know? well because i have been in constant debate between which to get. I dont have money out the a$$ and spending over $2500 on a 7" kit really doesnt appeal to me. The RK kit is not much less, but it is still a little cheaper not to mention the fact that it includes most of what you will need (with exception of the d.s. corrections). I am barely going to be able to purchase the RK kit to replace my tera+spacers but I am willing to wait out the delays in its release.
Of course people who run Claytons kit will swear by them. It is strong as hell and dont forget they paid some $$ to get it "underneath" their grand. No one here was ever wheeled a RK kit on a ZJ so it is safe to say that no one has a good idea of how much better the Clayton kit is.
Oh and the wait is killing me too

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey man, I'm in no hurry to get either. It seems to me that since you have the money for it, you'll probably get it and put it on ASAP. If you could just post, or anyone else for that matter, how the system does, Especially if you can compare it to Clayton's.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wicked :)

Another 3 weeks tho....omg

I promise all you guys lots of nice pics as it's going on (by OK4WD) and of the action at Paragon Park (PA) the week after...HeHe

97 V8 TSi; 30" BFG M/T KM's; Full mopar skids; Rock-it diff guards; ORGS Supernerf's; Flowmaster 50; K&N FIPK; Rancho RS5000 S/S; 2T come-along & straps; Class 3 hitch; Rusty's tow hooks; JB 231HD waiting for RK 7" kit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RufftyTuffty on 2002-02-06 15:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not trying to trash RK but I have heard of TJ's having problems with the front arms. The upper control arms (the ones that connect to the UCA mounts) have cracked and failed on a few TJ's. Atleast thats what I heard on JU. As far as Clayton's kit goes, I have not seen it in person, but the weld and quality of his HardRockers which I own is amazing. With so much attention to detail I think it would be the best kit on the market. When I have some extra $$ I'm going Clayton all the way.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts