Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just looking for some fellow JGC guys in north Louisiana. I'm moving to Shreveport this fall and would like to have some company in Gilmer evey now and then.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i'm in gulfport ms. i'm down for trail hopping.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am down in Lafayette, LA. You are the only person that I have found here. I usually go to Holly Beach and ride the sand dunes. This is the only place that one is allowed to ride without getting arrested. What and where is Gilmer?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: engineered ZJ on 2002-03-27 22:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CodemanX wrote:
I'm shocked to here that people come from La to ride at Gilmer.
Yeah, I've even heard of people coming from Mississippi. Why do you say that, is it not that special? I've actually never been there, just heard about it and would like to go.

engineered ZJ wrote:
I am down in Lafayette, LA. You are the only person that I have found here. I usually go to Holly Beach and ride the sand dunes. This is the only place that one is allowed to ride without getting arrested. What and where is Gilmer?
It's a town in Texas which is an offroad park. I don't know if the trip from Lafayete would be worth it, but I have contacted a guy from JU and we plan on something early this summer, around late May, early June. Look Gilmer up on mapquest or somethigng, and if you think you'd like to go, email me.

Where's Holly Beach?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Justin on 2002-04-03 19:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
Holly Beach is a section of Cameron Parish touching The Gulf of Mexico. The water is very durty so no one swims there, no one to accidentally run over. I think this is why the police allow us to ride their. Does the park have a name, what street is it on? I found Gilmer but where is the park? Does it cost anything to ride for the day?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: engineered ZJ on 2002-04-08 21:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
See the following for more info on Gilmer, Tx.

http://www.txmud.com/trails/et/barnwell.html

I havent been to the park yet but I'm from the area. I have a buddy that rolled his Dodge P/U with 8" sus-lift and 3" bod-lift running 38.5" tires out there. He said he really liked all the hills but they obviously didn't like his truck. Let me know when you guys plan to head up there. If I'm not on-call I would like to go. About my previous post, I was just surprised that someone from LA would drive that far to ride. Western LA has plenty of beautiful land I have always wanted to camp/ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts