Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anybody here used AMSOIL? Learned on JU that Castrol and now Mobil 1 are not true synethics.

How do you like it?

Todd

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have also been looking at changing my fluids to AMSOIL when the time comes. Counds like there are some good benefits.

·
Registered
19 Posts
:eek:ld: I use Amsoil in everything. It is the only true synthetic motor oil and it has an extended drain interval.

·
Registered
479 Posts
After lots of talking and research (thanks Johnand!) I went with Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30 for my engine.

I also switched the diffs over to Amsoil. Lots of people (who actually did use it) had nothing but good things to say.

G

·
0 Posts
I run it in everything now, and its REALLY good stuff. I'm a dealer too if you need any (amsoil that is ;))

·
Registered
484 Posts
MattsZJ said:
I run it in everything now, and its REALLY good stuff. I'm a dealer too if you need any (amsoil that is ;))
Matt, have you concidered the Dual Remote Bypass setup?

I am still trying to find room for it. We need to have a guinea pig do this on a V8 ZJ :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
johnand said:
MattsZJ said:

I am still trying to find room for it. We need to have a guinea pig do this on a V8 ZJ :D
I'm tempted to get one for my V8 WJ. Although I don't there there's enough room...but I haven't really looked yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just switched to it, about 1K mi ago. Too early to tell any earth-shattering benefits, but from the accounts of others...it will only be a matter of time...
Tom :thumbsup:

·
Registered
288 Posts
:pant:
Here's what AMSOIL recommends after I asked about converting a WJ. Obviously the heavier weight lube in the rear is applicable if you tow...

We recommend the use of our AMSOIL Series 2000 0W30 Severe Service Motor oil (product code TSO). This premium motor oil protects better in high temperatures than do the higher viscosity conventional and synthetic oils. Series 2000 retains excellent fluidity in extremely low temperatures, so it flows quickly and reliably to allow easy starting and immediate lubrication protection. This product may be used year round and is not affected by high ambient emperatures. The 4.7L uses the AMSOIL SDF42 oil filter and the TS104 foam air filter.

We do suggest the use of our AMSOIL Engine Flush (AEF) if this motor has been using petroleum oil prior to the changeover. This assures starting with the cleanest system possible. If the engine is not flushed, the high detergent synthetic oil will begin to loosen existing deposits and contaminants. In some cases this may overburden
the oil filter.

Assuming you trans is automatic, you may use our AMSOIL Synthetic Universal Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF).
However the transfer case fluid is different. For the NV247 we offer our AMSOIL Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic / Transmission Fluid (ATH). Both differentials use our AMSOIL Series 2000 Synthetic 75W90 Gear Lube (TGR).

Greg
:gun:
________
Beststrip4You

G

·
0 Posts
johnand said:
MattsZJ said:

You want me to be the guini pig, eh? :D:D:D

haha, its very tempting, but I just tried adding the oil cooler and single bypass and it was just too much line for the oil pressure to run through. I don't have room under the hood anymore anyway, just installed a rubbermaid food container as my water tight wiring box for all the relays and such :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts