Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Apologize if this has been covered, I'm not having much luck searching.
Are there any direct fit OEM radios with an Aux or USB input that will plug into my '04?
I might end up using an aftermarket unit but if I can find an "easy button" solution that will work with the speakers and steering wheel controls without extra work, that would be my preference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have added aux plugs to factory radios. its not hard but takes a little bit of soldering experience and some patience. your factory cd player used wires that run from the cd portion that are the same as a aux plug uses to feed the signal to the rest of the radio. you can tie into that with the aux plug to send your phone signal in place of the cd signal did that on my 98 ZJ with the Infinity system so I could retain the factory amp.

the other way is if your radio has a cd changer option there are modules that allow you to add a bluetooth adapter in place of the changer. i just added one to my Volvo S60R.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Ive seen those before. The reviews seem to be mixed as far as sound quality goes. Also, my current head unit is shot anyway so I need to replace it already, I was just hoping to keep it simple.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, Ive seen those before. The reviews seem to be mixed as far as sound quality goes. Also, my current head unit is shot anyway so I need to replace it already, I was just hoping to keep it simple.
Dorman makes a reconditioned factory radio upgraded with a aux plug added on the face. Just do a google search,it's available from various vendors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts