Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The below instructions have fixed the unwanted alarm activations on our grand cherokee, 1998 model. We do not have an alarm now, but I don't care.

After much hair pulling and trying to fix it properly , here is what I did...

1. Located wiring harness that runs across dash between glove box door and dash pad, had to remove glove box assembly to get to it.

2. In our jeep, the gray wire with orange tracer activates the horn. NOW...there are two of these wires, you must figure out which is from the steering wheel and which is from the alarm module. Cut the alarm module wire.

3. Next, In order to satisfy the alarm modules ground needs when you re-enter the the car. I cut the purple wire with white tracer ,coming out of the drivers door in to the kick panel. I added a wire to the end of the wire headed into the car. I ran this wire along the kick plate of the door up to the interior light switch on the drivers door and spliced it to that switch.

4. Now, the horn cannot sound if the alarm activates. The drivers door opening now satisfies the alarm/car disable, so the lights will not blink and the car will start. The ground is only in place when the door is open.

Grounding the purple/white wire permanently made my interior lights stay on.

email me if I can possibly help more. [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man you are a genius, mine is purple/yellow. To check if it is the right wire put a clamp on the door switch, arm the alarm and probe the wires that go through to the door with a test light till it disarms. For some reason mine doesn't arm now that I did this, but who cares? Who is going to steal a 98 grande Cherokee?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts