Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm proud to announce that installed my FI Air Gap Intake Manifold and Big Gulp Throttle Body today!

As promised, the mid-range, top-end, and throttle response have all improved!! This setup has complimented my cam, dual exhaust, and other mods. I switched back to the stock ECU because 93 octane here on the island has hit a whopping :eek:$4.51 a gallon:eek: I think this state's gas station owners have lost their minds! It's still $4.15 a gallon for regular but that's almost $.40 cheaper...

Anyway, the stock ECU is fine with no check engine lights, hiccups, hesitation, or any other nonsense. The manifold doesn't have a fitting for the IAT (intake air temp) sensor (the instructions and Hughes tell you this) so knowing this, I made a custom location. Since I replaced the breather hose going from the driver side valve cover to the K&N CAI with a Moroso breather filter, there was an open nipple on the CAI. I shaved it down a little and threaded in the IAT sensor and it fits perfectly and looks like it was meant to be there!:D It works great, gives an even more accurate reading, and I didn't have to drill a new hole in my intake or the manifold. Best of all... No More Blowing Plenum Gaskets! :cool:

Pics:
IAT Relocated

IAT Up Close

Hughes Logo (or HUG rather lol)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
The great thing about these Magnum engines and the Hughes' upgrades is that you can do a lot of modifications before needing to run premium. Did you upgrade your water pump at the same time?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts