Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
anyone wanna do a detailed research on bumpers for WJs....all i know of is TR and ARB

·
Registered
154 Posts
Grand_Masta said:
A little off subject but does anyone run the flares from icelandoffroad.com? If you do you like them and can you really clear the tires sizes with the lifts they say you can? I was going to purchase a set but I would like a second opinion first. They look good I just wasnt sure how well they function or how strong they are. [smilie=bal_thanx.gif]
why would you want to pay that much for fiberglass flares to clear larger tires when you could lift it higher, giving you more height and axle articulation? lifting it another inch or tow or getting those flares is not that much difference in price. not to mention i dont even think theyre painted, another cost. those things will get crunched in a second on a trail too.

·
Registered
591 Posts
as far as the iceland flares go....you ppl do realize that most non grand jeep owners do buy and use fiberglass fender flares(example=Bushwacker),pay a fair amount for them and wheel with them.So why is there a problem with us zj's running them? As far as trashing them on the trail, that depends on the type of wheeling you do. Most zj owners wheel their rigs but don't trash them....... just my 2 cents.
As for price vs. lift? if i was to add more lift then 4.25 I have, then I'd need a SYE kit and a new driveshaft and new upper control arms ,that would cost me way more then the flares.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Has anybody gotten the Kevinz stealth bumpers yet, if so, how do you like them? How hard was installation? They look sweet! Aslo, how strong are weld on D-ring mounts like those? Lastly how good is the hitch set up?

·
Registered
591 Posts
OK so why is it that we zj owners have to pay like almost double the price as most other jeeps do for bumpers etc.? seems like if we want anything we have to pay up the ass (LOL).

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
that thing is ugly jerry

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
It's very angley, I'll give you that much. The maker was on this site, seemed like a nice guy. I still like hansons best, the price though, ehhhh.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
i hear that

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know a guy who makes them. Front and rear set would be $675.oo, and he usually helps with shipping. [email protected] is his email. give him a holler and he will provide pics and info. tell him steveothemighty refered ya and he just might drop the price.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ok wut about a front bumper for under 300?????

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Actually they used to have a pretty crappy reputation but it is getting better now. They used to have big problems with their bumpers not fitting right. But from what I hear they're fixing all that.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Seems to me that they would do great. I was gonna get myself one but I decided to build one myself. I know a few people have it I believe. It does look like a pretty solid bumper to me though.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Grand_Masta said:
A little off subject but does anyone run the flares from icelandoffroad.com? If you do you like them and can you really clear the tires sizes with the lifts they say you can? I was going to purchase a set but I would like a second opinion first. They look good I just wasnt sure how well they function or how strong they are. [smilie=bal_thanx.gif]
Ive got em and yeah, they will take a pounding and not break. I smacked a tree with my passenger rear last weekend, thought for sure I broke it. Got out and it just rubbed the paint off. Nothing like smashing 4000+ pounds of jeep into a tree and just getting messed up paint. Plus, they bolt on and you can just unbolt and repaint as needed. They are way whoop azzzzzz. I have had bushwacker flares before and they sucked, broke, brittle bastards. These things are super hard fiberglass, dont give much and hold up very good so far. If you want pics, send me your email address and I will send you some. My add is [email protected] gmail.com. Oh yeah, to answer the other question, yes they do work as described. I have 7" lift and 35's and before the iceland flares, was hitting fenders all the time with sway bars hooked up. Now with flares and unhooked front and rear, I can flex it out to hell wouldnt have it and never hit anything, they tuck great. A word to the wise though, these flares are alot of work. I started to put them on, knew I was in over my head, and got my body guy to do it. The fronts are easy money, but the rears are horrible to do. When you take into affect the pinch seams and the proximity to the rear wheel tubs, it was just better for me to let a pro do it. If you mess up, you are screwed majorly.

·
Registered
266 Posts
piku303 said:
Grand_Masta said:
why would you want to pay that much for fiberglass flares to clear larger tires when you could lift it higher, giving you more height and axle articulation? lifting it another inch or tow or getting those flares is not that much difference in price. not to mention i dont even think theyre painted, another cost. those things will get crunched in a second on a trail too.

No, they actually will not get crunched. Good products, gotta have em first before you rush to condem them. They are worth every penny.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts