Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

Advice for a lift kit/ tire size etc..

8K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  crimsonleo 
#1 ·
Hello I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee with stock 16 inch rims. I would like to add a 2 inch lift but don’t want it to look to much over a the top. Like to try and keep it clean and somewhat original looking . Currently run 245/75/16 tires and would like to go up to possibly 255 or 265 /75/16. Would I new wheel spacers to avoid a box look?
Any info or advice or pictures I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you

#4 ·
I have a 2000 WJ and wanted to put a slightly more aggressive tire for mud and snow. I decided that a 2 inch lift would be the way to go. When I started the project the jeep gad a 155,000 miles. With everything I read this would not affect the geometry of the vehicle. Installed the lift kit and the first problem the rear shocks were rubbing the tires and I had to install spacers on the wheels. When it was all done I installed the new tires and had it aligned to the specs that came with the kit. Everything was good until about 2,000 mile the old suspension started to give up. Ok, it was 15 years old. I went to NAPA and bought new rear suspension lower control arms and wish bone. The A arm lasted about a 1000 miles before the rubber bushing gave up. I went to a local FWD shop and asked for suggestions and they pointed me to IROC, ironrockoffroad, where I bought and installed new front and rear suspension system. Everything is solid as a rock now. I even visited IROC when I was in MN attending my niece’s graduation. The guys are great and listen to the comments I had about minor improvements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.