Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just starting to get into wheelin and want to start outfittin my jeep, I recently got my 95ZJ 5.2 and it has freakin street tires on it if you can believe that, why, i dunno, so im lookin for some good A/T's i like the Dueler A/T, any suggestions. Next question, what exactly is a budget boost and what does it do? i want to lift a little but not that much right now on my LIMITED budget. I will be adding front and rear hitches soon and a K&N drop in. If anyone is around raleigh or wilmington let me know so we can go wheelin

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Popular AT tires are the BFG AT KO and the Pirelli Scorpion. I prefer the BFGs. A budget boost is a spacer lift that goes on top of the springs in between the "frame" for the lift. Most are 2".
Oh and don't get a front hitch. It will kill your approach angle and ground clearence.
Nathan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would you reccomend a 2" budget boost on the ZJ, b/c i know that a lift is out of the question at this point?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've heard that the BB's can effect the steering geometry and you may end up with the Death Wobble.

You'll need new adjustable front control arms or maybe some offset ball joints to solve this issue.

Better go for a full 2-3" kit with everything....my .02c worth.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Go for it.
A BB won't kill your ride that much. You might experience your axles shifting a little bit, and you'll definately need an alignment. Shocks will be required before too long so you'll want to budget for that, and just face the fact that you'll be chomping at the bit for a bigger lift and more mods in no time. :D

Hank

EDIT: I'll make a note of your email addy, and let you know next I'm heading to Uwharrie, I believe you'd enjoy that. Heck! I'll just post it here for all the guys in the area.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JeepinHank on 2002-02-11 18:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
246 Posts
Get the BB and if you like it later get a real lift kit and the BB can then go on top of the new kit. Under 3 should not negativly? change your ride.

Chris

G

·
0 Posts
On 2002-02-11 12:30, RufftyTuffty wrote:
I've heard that the BB's can effect the steering geometry and you may end up with the Death Wobble.

You'll need new adjustable front control arms or maybe some offset ball joints to solve this issue.

Better go for a full 2-3" kit with everything....my .02c worth.
a BB with a GOOD alignment and wheels WELL balanced will not cause DW. It does effect the geometry obviously, but so little that you wont need extended anything. The only thing I would even consider is MAYBE adjustible track bars and an OME SS, all of which would work if/when you lift it more (ie: rc 7" kit.)

I'm anxious to see how the 7" kit will do... Those of us that have worked hard designing our own systems to get to that height safely, as well as comftorably, are pretty much betting against each other... As we all ran into so many issues were not sure one kit could solve them all.

Plus every grand, even if just one later off the line, handles being lifted and modified differently.

·
Registered
542 Posts
My mistake...what was i thinking of...yes...adjustable trackbar.

Only a few weeks to go and shipping and i'll tell you :) ...email from RK says their on track for end of the month...goodie goodie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts