Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie and yes I did a great deal of searching before I posted to ensure this was a common problem or question. While ABS problems are common, my question is which relay is the ABS relay

I have a 97 GC with the 4.0 and my ABS light is on. I have a very good electronic service manaul that has wiring diagrams, connector pins-outs, circuit logic, etc.

I had a hard time finding the PDC with the ABS relay on it. The PDC under the hood had the fuse but no relay. I didn't realize until last night that futher removal of the sidekick panel on the passenger side exposes the majority of the relays on a 97. I am one that wants my ABS to work and it intiques me to have a switch to lock it out like one write-up was suggesting.

I have tested my ABS motor and it works. A DRB III scan tool indicates bad motor code. I have checked all the fuses and they are good, but none of my reference manuals indicate which relay is the ABS relay. Does someone have a good test procedure for the relay?

If the relay checks out I believe I will replace my ABS controller next. I read the write-up on splitting the box and resoldering the joints, but three of my four bolt heads are frozen and the bolt heads are rounded that attached the ABS controller to the valve housing. I will probably have to damage the box to get it off the aluminum housing. I do not want to crack the brake lines open if I can help it to remove the box. I am tempted to purchase a new box, but would try a used box if some had an extra one. PM me if you know you have a good one to sell.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
The fuse diagram for the passenger footwell fuses is on the cover itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts