Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

Due to my NV3500 swap, my Mopar Performance ECU has become unneeded for my ZJ. It's for a 97 or 98 5.2 Grand Cherokee. Yes mines a 96 but its a 97 or 98 because it looks for the Leak Detection Pump that 96s don't have.

It's For Sale for $225 OBO

PM If Interested!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Hmm, very tempting, are you looking for any parts?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it would work on a 96? What's the performance difference from this to the factory one?
Yes I used this on my 96, but there is a permanent check engine light for 96 because this computer looks for the Leak Detection Pump that 97-98 ZJs have for the EVAP System. So, unless you don't have an inspection that checks the computer, I wouldn't recommend this for you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes I used this on my 96, but there is a permanent check engine light for 96 because this computer looks for the Leak Detection Pump that 97-98 ZJs have for the EVAP System. So, unless you don't have an inspection that checks the computer, I wouldn't recommend this for you
I already have one on for not having a cat on mine so it would be nothing new.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still Available?

I'm interested if you still have it? Is there much of a performance difference between this one and the stock? I have a 98 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm interested if you still have it? Is there much of a performance difference between this one and the stock? I have a 98 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2.
Definite increase in power and torque, higher shift points! (my transmission shifted at 5500 RPM) see my 0-60 video, and higher speed limiter (i believe 130mph as opposed to 115mph) someone correct me if I'm wrong. You do need to run at least 91 octane fuel, 93 octane recommended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts