Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, been tearing thru here for a couple hours and have decided to ask my question in my own post as I didn’t see anything specific to my issue. Anyhoo. I have a 94GC with 4” short arm non adjustable rough country lift. It has the TB drop bracket on the frame side, Instructions said to flip the track bar end to end, which I didn’t because I couldn’t get the bolt off the axle side and read some guys said it was fine to leave alone and that they had no ill effects by leaving it stock orientation. I did the lift, got an alignment, all was well for a couple days but now when I let off the gas pedal it clunks in the rear and it appears in my mirror that my axle shimmies with the clunk speed (possibly a coincidence)

so the question is, is this because I didn’t flip the TB? Or something else in general?
ive since bought the RC adjustable rear TB but am unclear if I should install it with the rough country TB drop bracket left in, or remove the bracket. Does anybody have any experience on this? I’ve been having a shit of a time getting contact with rough country for answers

·
Registered
61 Posts
I lifted my Plymouth Trail Duster years back, the next couple of months I replaced every U-joint because they were flexed beyond their normal wear.
Check your drive shafts.
Also on track bars and control arms the closer to parallel to ground the better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts