Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New here and new jeeps.
Just inherited a 93 grand Cherokee that I want to set up to use for hunting. Not doing any rock crawling or anything, just fire roads and such. What tire size and lift would be recommended? I do not want to change much but the tires and a bit of suspension. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't mess around like I did...buy a 3.5 long arm on 33s, e lockers front, true locker rear...u will save money in the long run...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been happy with Old Man Emu shocks, springs, and steering damper. It gives you a couple inches of lift at most. I run 31's that rub a little on the suspension at full turn. Been that way for 150k miles no problems. I also have an ARB front bumper - without it you may need to trim the stock bumper cover to fit the tires or use spacers for a little extra lift. But it's high quality parts that won't break the bank, and gives you an awesome ride over rough roads and highways.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My ZJ has a Rubicon Express lift. I bought it from 4wheelonline because of the price. It has a comfortable ride and decent flex.

·
Registered
110 Posts
"Don't mess around like I did...buy a 3.5 long arm on 33s, e lockers front, true locker rear...u will save money in the long run..."
Yup, this is definitely sound advice. You should listen to this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Old Man Emu springs nice but hard to find now. A couple of companies make 2" spacer lift kits with a longer shock.
They have videos on youtube.
Or you could go with a larger size Pmetric tire. I'm running Kumho 235/75r 15 all terrains.
Unless you are well versed in wrenching and have a garage full of tool stay away from long arm kits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts