·
Registered
726 Posts
yes. i installed leach on my 5.2.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were they difficult to install, and how much should I expect to pay for a set? The reason I am asking is because I have developed an exhaust leak and I might as well replace them while I am changing my gaskets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: engineered ZJ on 2002-03-19 12:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
726 Posts
they were about 400 form kolak at ju.

no they were not hard to install just time consuming.

you may have issues with a couple of stubborn bolts but nothing some penatrator wont solve.

just take your time and read some of the write ups that have been poste. reserve the weekend , get a buddy, and some beer. itll go by quick and youll be very pleased with the results.

you can also call kolak for you questions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bender on 2002-03-19 14:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got Borla headers and I'm still having exhaust leak problems... Got them on w/ a friend at first, had a leak, replaced the gaskets and retightened... exhaust leak came back 500 miles later... then took it to a shop and had them give it a try... leak came back 2K miles later... They're great when they're not leaking!
--Tim

·
Registered
319 Posts
Edelbrocks here. Got a sweet deal on the now non-existent carpartsonsale.com. Under $400 to my door. I didn't do the install, but my buddy who did said the passengers side was a biotch.

·
Registered
140 Posts
passenger side's a biotch cuz you gotta remove the battery, relocate the AC "bottle", the coolant reservoir, and SOMEHOW cram them in from the top... the driver's side's a biotch b/c you gotta somehow cram them up in there from the bottom (which is difficult on a stock height rig)... KEEPING them sealed is the biggest biotch, though :)
--Tim
BTW -- After HOURS trying to remove/reinsert bolts... my headers are again sealed :thumbsup: ...seems I keep blowing the gasket on the passenger's side close to the firewall... hrmph

·
Registered
605 Posts
engineered ZJ said:
The reason I am asking is because I have developed an exhaust leak and I might as well replace them while I am changing my gaskets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: engineered ZJ on 2002-03-19 12:44 ]</font>
You most likely do not have gaskets at the manifold (I've never seen a set on a v-8 grand)

They take a bit of time, the first set I did took about 6-8 hours (we had the incorrect crossover) second time about 4hrs start to finish.

You will probably need to do a bit o' trimming on the pass side and you will need to check the header bolts pretty regularily. It is well worth it though, we noticed an enormous difference.

ML on a 5.9

1 - 8 of 8 Posts