Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm going f'n crazy with this transmission noise. 2001 Grand 4.0 with 54k on it. Damn thing is mint. Trans has a buzzing aerated noise in reverse and very, very quiet, but somewhat in drive too. Drives perfect. Found there is a bulletin for that symptom, where there is an issue with the pressure regulator valve and requires replacement. Checked out Sonnax and they got me the valve, as well as the manual valve which they recommend replacing. Did the work, even removed the check valve in the trans cooler lines as they recommend, now it makes the noise in Park, Reverse and neutral(did make that noise in neutral beforehand, but more a groaning sound).

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I have a cracked pump housing, as stated in the bulletin as a possibility for that noise? I don't care about putting a trans in it, but before I spend the money(thankfully a mechanic and can get it at cost), I'd really like to try and fix it(without a rebuild[not worth it] or else I'm buying the unit) or at least know wtf is going on.

For christ sake, will the 42re wizard read this and give me some direction!?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts