Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2004 WJ 6i. I couldn't wait to start doing some mods to her. I started of with the rough country 4inch lift kit, my brother-in-law helped me install it. I kept the stock tires 245/70R16, I drove it home with no problem. The next day i found on craigslist some 255/75R17 all 5 matching, came out from a 2011 wrangler. I installed them, my WJ looked super sexy by now :D . And then the problems started, I got on the freeway the DW started. Scared the s*it out of me :confused::mad: . I went in and did an alignment and balance the tires and still have a DW. So i went back to the stock wheels for now (drives smooth). I wanna keep the 17inch rims, what size tire do you guys recommend for the 17? so i don't have the DW, or should i just stick to the 16?

·
Banned
30 Posts
put the outher tirs back on go back to the alignment shop have them do the alignment agen watch them this time an get a print out from the mechine with your car VIN. on it 1st with 4 inches of lift //an no steering mods/ there going to have a hard time doing an alignment 2on if you have death wobble then there is **** lossesesseses track bar hint hint the tires you got might be cup an will cause the losssssesesese **** to show it self but that alignment will not work unless everthing is tight the print out will show false reading an they should know whats looosssess a burn out might fit the tires enought to get some miles out of them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill give it a try this weekend. Im thinking of buying a dual steering stabilize, I'm guessing that should do the trick.

·
Banned
30 Posts
dual steering stabilize will not fix the prob might mask it a bit something is loosososossosoosooos JustEmptyEveryPocket //i rember when i was as green an bought all that **** looking for the eazy fix TRACK BAR TRACK BAR TRACK BAR with the jeep on the ground take a pice of soap stone an draw a line across the bolt an bracket the have a friend turn the wheel back an forth slow an short if the bolt moves from the line just a bit thats your prob cranking the nuit down will help for a bit if your not off roading it rember if there is dought there is no dought //she is cheeting on ya

·
Registered
3 Posts
dual steering stabilize will not fix the prob might mask it a bit something is loosososossosoosooos JustEmptyEveryPocket //i rember when i was as green an bought all that **** looking for the eazy fix TRACK BAR TRACK BAR TRACK BAR with the jeep on the ground take a pice of soap stone an draw a line across the bolt an bracket the have a friend turn the wheel back an forth slow an short if the bolt moves from the line just a bit thats your prob cranking the nuit down will help for a bit if your not off roading it rember if there is dought there is no dought //she is cheeting on ya
One addition. If you have torqued the track bar down hard and still get DW make sure your Track Bar mounting holes are not oval. This is common on the Wranglers. You may have to upsize your bolt for both ends of your track bar. Another area you may check are ball joints and TRE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts