Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of 2" spacers by Tera Flex and after a few months I noticed that they were compacting down and I was losing clearance. So, I molded my own set of spacers out of a high grade polyurethane (I am a polyurethane molder). What would I have to replace if I were to use these spacers. Would anyone be interisted in this lift because my supervisor is willing to sell just the pacers but he does not what to mess with the complete lift.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: engineered ZJ on 2002-03-20 20:35 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: engineered ZJ on 2002-03-20 20:43 ]</font>

G

·
0 Posts
im kind of confused...are you talking about designing a 4" polyurethane spacer???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry my message was so confusing. I have already designed my own 4" polyurthane spacer. What I was asking is if someone would buy just the spacers.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It might sell well in pairs but not as a set of four. The rear spring post on the ZJ is too short to accomodate a 4" spacer and keep the spring. That's why you see most BBs limit the length of the rear spacer to 1.75" or 2".

Have you thought about molding bumpstop extensions? Those might sell pretty well if the price is right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have thought about molding some exstensions out of urethane. i have also installed a 3" spacer set on 2 TJ's which don't have rear post at all. this weekend i will try to install a 3" BB on my ZJ. And as for the price, i have been tring to convince my supervisor that if he plans to compete with other companines he has to sell at a cheeper price. I want to see every Grand on 31's or better.

·
Registered
143 Posts
so with a 4 inch budget boost would you be able to run 32's?Right now i have a 2inch budget boost and up country springs and im runnin 31's and i would like to run 32's.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeffparra,
give me untill Monday to answer that question accuratly. i Will Have to address the problem of the short post mentioned by Jeepers007.
And once it hits the maket my companys 3" BB will sell for $70, including pumpstops!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: engineered ZJ on 2002-03-23 21:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, last night i finished installing the 3" BB kit that i made. It was a B*%ch tring to get that spring to compress 3". I had to disconnect my lower control arms, track bar, and use a come along to realign them. And yes i do believe that with the 4" kit one could fit 32's on their rig. My 30's look small now. the bottom of my fenders messure 35 and 3/4".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: engineered ZJ on 2002-03-25 18:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
143 Posts
so would we have to move or swap any parts, like control arms or anything

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To not give bad advise, It's not a good idea to raise your rig 4 inches without changing your lower control arms and brakelines, But if you don't do any hard core wheeling it would be O.K. for a little while.

·
Registered
143 Posts
one more question with the 3 inch would i have to change anything.because right now with my 2 inch everything is fine

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No. I did not change one thing on my ZY and every thing is fine. It was just harder to install because the springs needed to be compressed farther.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts