Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to fit these tires with this lift , if i do not do any extreme off roading? i allready have the tires, they came off of my S-10 after i added my 35" tires to it. i will be lifting my jeep soon and i dont want to have to go buy 31" tires. i would like to do a 4.5 RE but they are very pricy. if i add some coil spacers would that help me fit them? i am new to the jeep thing and really want to deck mine out like i did my S-10. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
643 Posts
You can fit them, but you'll probably need new wheels to be able to turn without scrubbing. The reason for this is that stock wheels don't have enough backspacing. 3.5" to 4.5" is the general consensus for the appropriate backspacing. You may also need to look into bumpstop extensions to keep from scrubbing the top of the fenderwell when at full stuff, but I'm not sure about that, maybe one of the old timers will chime in and correct / confirm that.
HTH!! :wave:

EDIT: NC is that North Carolina? Big rubbers - I've never heard of that club.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JeepinHank on 2002-03-06 09:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the 3.5" superflex kit with 31s and 4" backspacing. I had to do a little trimming and I have extended bumpstops but the tires clear now. I suppose that if you buy the super ride kit and/or you don't do a lot of wheeling your 32s would fit. I would suggest 4.5" backspacing and maybe a 1" spacer later if you find that the tires rub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts