Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a trail rig after building a yj and k5 with my father that turned out way too nice to take offroad. I bought this zj for $300 and it came with 263k on the I6, rotted rockers, and dry rotted tires.

The jeep came with a wicked battery drain that would kill my battery in one night. I tried the basics, pulling fuses and stuff, but for now I disconnect the battery at night.

First mod was taking off the corroded old wheels and bought some steelies for $50 and wrapped them in 235 wintermarks that came off my Ford.

Then went and got a new hitch from the recall. This was great due to my old hitch came off with a few good hammer swings.

Mounted some cheap LED's in the grill and took my bumper cover off.

The maiden voyage!

Wheeled just fine, but the next day I noticed I losted my rocker cover!

So, we played around with the welder and went to work!

Next week we will start the driver'ss side.

Took my rear bumper cover off and this is what was left

After posting it on FB, a kid I know said he has a rear bumper, so I hopped on that offer:

Bumper is now painted.

That's where I'm at now, stay tuned

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Little update, got the drivers side rocker almost done and also got the frobt budget boost done with shocks and bar pin eliminators.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the budget boost finished, but possibly ran into an issue. I have new shocks from a yj that I'm going to use. The front springs are two inches longer than the zj shocks, while the rear yj shocks are shorter than the zj rears. Any one ever run yj rear shocks?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts