Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 ZJ Ltd. 5.2L with quarda trac is all stock except for an ARB Bull Bar. I want to put a 3.5" lift on, but am not sure which one would be best, or should I even buy a kit. I have 2 lifts in mind, TeraFlex 3.5" and RE 3.5". Which lift would be the better way to go, and about how much should each of them cost. I am also interested in views of the RE Super-Flex Kit Vs. the RE Super Ride kit (both 3.5"). My main concern is the with the quad-trac. I am forced to be on the road more than I am off, so I need to keep that in mind (even though I don't like to). A guy from a nearby 4x4 store said his main concern would be driveline vibration, what can I do to prevent that, other than drop the T-case down some? Other than my worry of a the lift actually leading to many other costly things, my second concern is with tires. The Jeep came with 16in rims, can you get a good tire on them with the 3.5" lift? I know that you cannot just put 15's, what do you think I should do there? Thanks for all of the help!

To sum up one of my questions, I want to make sure that if I do go with one of these lifts, I won't have to turn around and make more changes. I'm also trying to lift my Jeep without cutting away from the life of it, she's gotta last a while.

G

·
0 Posts
there is absolutely not ing wrong with the kits that you have listed...except for price. and i have found that right after you lift a zj past 3.5 inches you get into driveline vibration. i run a OME/Teraflex lift which nets at about 3.2 inches of lift. this lift incorporates 2"spacers and 1" springs. and these Old Man Emu springs flex and ride better tan any other 3 inch spring that i have seen. this is the kit that i have and reccomend for the reason that there is little driveline vibes and it is not extremely expensive. i highly reccomend this kit. it also allows more than enough room for 31"s. and since you have the bull bar you could probably run 32"s.....this is just a kit that i have had alot of success with

·
Registered
193 Posts
Who told you 15's won't work? I switched mine to 15's to put 31's on.

G

·
0 Posts
if your main concern is driveline vibes, get upper adjustable control arms front and rear, dont drop the t-case. at 3-4"s they should cure any driveline vibes you might encounter.

as far as the wheels thats a matter of personal preference, you can run any diamater wheel you want as long as it has the correct bolt pattern. keep in mind when buying tires, selection and price is a lot better for a 15" wheel

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About how much was that OME/Teraflex lift? The price of those other lifts are too high for me right now, that is why I havn't put one on yet. Thanks for all of the advice!

G

·
0 Posts
the teraflex/OME kit runs for about 600 dollars if you buy the spacers, springs, shocks, and adj. trackbar. all of these things have to be purchased seperatly but this really is an excellent 3" kit in my opinion. it gives you more than enough clearance for 31x10.50's. i will go to the 8" rockready kit along with 2" spacers eventually, but for now this 3" OME/Teraflex kit makes the jeep look pretty tough...perfoms very well also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts