Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone else has this issue. I have a brand new 2020 Grand Cherokee with the standard V6 and 8 speed auto tranny. I've noticed when driving in traffic at a steady speed between 27-32 mph the car does not run smoothly and seems to surge forward and then drop back repeatedly. If this was the old days I'd say it was like what you would experience with a fuel problem with the carb. I mentioned this problem to one of the service advisors at the dealership today and he said that's the way these cars run and it is because the tranny is searching for a gear to optimize fuel consumption. What? I have Googled the issue but haven't found anything to indicate this is a known problem. I see a lot of new Grand Cherokees out there and I can't believe so many people would be buying them if this is the way they run. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I should also note that when accelerating from within that speed range, I also get a stumble in the engine.....that is the car pauses then accelerates. The car currently has 300 miles on it and I'm very disappointed and wondering if I made a big mistake with this purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally had the Jeep serviced. First I had to bring it in for a test ride with one of the mechanics and then I had to reschedule to actually have them work on it. The mechanic did a software update to the torque converter and it made a big difference. Amazing how the computers in these cars affect everything. At any rate, the Jeep feels much better but still is not perfect so I suspect there is something else going on. Thanks to those of you who have replied.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts