Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Jeeps back in the old days before electronics but this thing is a pig in snow as shallow as 8" deep. It is not getting high-centered because I pushed the button and raised it up all the way. It will bog really bad and the traction control system is buzzing like mad trying to prevent wheel slip but that just impedes forward progress. I tried snow mode but the answer seems to be 4WD Low mode but even that is a fight with traction control. Are they all like this? I've had it back to the dealer twice but they say nothing is wrong with it. It was almost worthless putting snow tires on the thing because I barely get out of "stuck" situations. This was my second winter with this thing and my opinion of Jeep is pretty low.
-John

·
Registered
8 Posts
IMO it's the traction control. I have both a WJ (V8, QD) and a WK2 (V8, QD2?) and when it snows my wife wants the WJ even though it's got >200K on it and doesn't really keep the cabin warm. I have and do drive in A LOT of snow both skiing and snowmobiling. I love the WJ, it's just point and shoot, :) The WK2 is always fighting me like it doesn't want me to do THAT! The best thing I've found so far is to turn off the skid control, it seems to make a difference. 4-LO has never really been good for me in the snow, I think the tires are forced to slip and then break traction because it restricts rotational difference. I also usually drive it in sport mode which I think turns off skid and Eco. It's possible some of the traction modes do that too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts