Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 that just rolled over 100k miles and it suddenly started misfiring and the check engine light came on. I had it scanned (o'reilly) and it's showing cylinder #2 misfire. I started with the plugs (it was time anyway) and that didn't help then coil pack and cam sensor. nothing helped. The misfire is only noticeable at highway speeds at low rpm when you get into the gas such as an incline it starts to stutter, but if you get into the gas and rpms go up it goes away. It takes off from a stop and idles like it has no problems at all. I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem before I continue to throw parts at it. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
18 Posts
Hey I don't have a relevant answer for ya other than I have been looking at some late model WKll to buy and heard about overhead failure on them. Some research has yield an update on the engine of some sort in 16. Being that it's a 16 it likely has a 15 production engine. Anyway it seem up to 15 they suffered from overhead failures involving rocker arms, might have an internal failure with valve train, apparently that was a related syptom to that mode of failure. I wish could help more but I don't know anything about the 3.6 other than second info and google(for what that is worth) for all I know I be way be way the hell off. I figured I'd answer with something...beginning to think no one is here anymore.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts