Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! New member here and wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. I have a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited, and today I got in to go out, it turned on, shut off, but the ACC was still running so I shut it off. When I went to restart it, it said to PUSH CLUTCH BUTTON THEN PRESS START, and it started and stayed on. I was able to drive it to the dealer and dropped it off before closing, so I won’t know anything until Monday. Any one else have this happen and if so, is it a costly repair?

Also, when they plugged in the reader to read the code since my check engine light turned on when it stayed running, it lost communication with almost everything and couldn’t read any diagnostic codes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Could be a problem with the dealership code reader or the technician.
Did you do an internet search of your problem?
It could be something covered by a recall notice or TSB so free fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They had it in tbe shop for a few days and didn’t find anything wrong. Ran the diagnostics and nothing came up, and the issue didn’t even happen again. Very strange. It’s been running fine, but I am getting a new battery tomorrow just to replace it. It’s the original factory battery so it’s on borrowed time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts