Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Grand Cherokee vs.. something "smaller" from other brand
Hi Guys, I'm totally new to this forum and the Jeep community and.. I need your professional help (of course ;) ).

I have to buy a new car which must be strong (can tow around 2500 - 3000 lbs few times a month but seasonally), be smart (can drive some twisties but also handle daily city commute - work, shopping etc.), be comfortable (enough room for seating, luggage, not too loud inside, handle long hwy drive), be kids friendly (that's for the future :) ). I've checked some options (believe me I was trying to do my homework well) and.. only two vehicles have stayed on the list:

- 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.6L V6 4x4 (4x4 is nothing but my dream, I don't know if I will use it in the future but it's something that I just really want to have and check how it works - I just need something which could drive even on the snow or sand and to be honest I just want it for fun :) ) and.. please don't laugh now
- 2014 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 Ecoboost l4 AWD

Ok, now you can laugh :) .. but.. first please, let me explain.. I've checked many cars in Ford price segment (i.e. Ford Explorer - I don't need third row, Chevy Equinox, Mazda CX9 - too loud!!, Honda CRV - too small and can't handle more than 1500 lbs in towing, Toyota RAV4 - I'm just not a fan of Toyotas ;) , Dodge Journey - too.. slow and still don't need 3rd row, Subaru Outback - I felt almost no handling on twisties!!) and then I went up a little bit and checked that the Grand Cherokee could be the right car for me.. In my opinion it has everything I need but.. there are some cons that could stop me from buying it and I need to find out if they are true. Can you please tell me something about your maintenance cost and your true mpg (city/hwy) and.. what do you think about its handling and safety - I saw few "moose test" (also known as "elk test" or "maneuver test") and Grand Cherokee falled on it!!

I did the test drive on both of them and both were great - honestly and "unfortunately" Escape was little better (it's just more sporty as I like) and its equipment is better as well, but.. the comfort and interior quality of the G.Cherokee feels just.. almost luxury to me - you probably know what I mean, right? ;)

I will be glad to hear any opinion and suggestion from you so, please do not hesitate to tell me more about it!!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
It really depends on what you want. Do you want to be a Jeeper or another Escape owner?

Hunter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It really depends on what you want. Do you want to be a Jeeper or another Escape owner?

Hunter
If you are talking about lifestyle.. it's hard to say ;) I never think about it because I just don't care. I just want to buy a car which will satisfy me and these both models can do that but.. I'm looking for some honest answers before I will make my decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts