Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Altitude. For months now my vehicle keeps going into limp mode and giving cam shaft position sensor codes. It’s been to the dealership 5 times, they’ve replaced bank 1 and bank 2 cam sensors along with the PCM. None of that has worked and I’m still having the same problem and getting the same codes. Anyone else know what to do or have a similar issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you describe what limp mode means in your situation? I have a 2015 3.0l Ecodiesel. It has been to the dealership five times too. My issue was related to the high-pressure fuel pump. The electronic vehicle information center (EVIC) said low oil pressure and Service Electronic Throttle Control. Then went into neutral and coasted to a stop. No throttle control. Sometimes it would place itself in park and shuts the engine off too. Sometimes the WK2 would allow me to place the vehicle in park and turn off the engine. I guess the high-pressure fuel pump (HPFP) replacement fixed this issue. Coincidently I just received a letter from FCA regarding an HPFP recall, with no remedy at this time. Dealer says they don't know if it's the correct fuel pump they installed either. Apparently, replacing this pump fixes other vehicle issues.
What happens is my check engine light will come on, then my traction control light comes on, then my vehicle will automatically shift down to 4th gear and stay there (limp mode). It will not shift until I pull over, put vehicle in park and turn it off. Once I restart, it will run fine and shift. It happens at completely random times so to try to pinpoint one exact cause has been extremely difficult and the dealership doesn’t seem interested in figuring it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts