Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I purchased my first Grand Cherokee in June 2010, a 2010 GC Laredo 3.7L V6. I've been relatively pleased with the truck with one exception and I thought this forum would be the one place someone might know something about my problem. I live in Eastern PA and have been faced with some cold weather. I am also a volunteer firefighter at my firehouse that is about 1/2 mile from my apt. When the weather is cold and I jump right in the truck after it sitting all night, start it up and run it till I get to my firehouse. The jeep stalls when it hits the redline and runs terrible till I stop turn it off and on again. The eletronic throttle light and traction light both come on. I have sought advise and serivce from my dealership and also from Chrysler (which have gotten me no futher than frustrated and disgusted with their service). I was just wondering if anyone has heard of such a thing happening or a supposed "self-preservation" device on the jeep to prevent damage.

Thank you

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can give u a hint.... free of charge! Keep doing that and ur going to blow ur new 30k+ Jeep u idiot!!

Second..... use that 30k+ for urself and leave it for the dealership to find out what's wrong. That's what the warrenty is for!!

And a question of my own for u..... why in the hell would u purposely hit the red line? I'm a fire fighter in Maine.... start ur vehicle gear up and drive SMART red lining can't be the speed limit!!

Its people like u that give fire fighters a bad name saying were wreckles and speed demons! Do everyone a favor and ur Jeep slow down and take care of ur vehicles

·
Registered
244 Posts
And I'm sorry if I sound like an *** but think about it..... the red line is there for a reason....

it runs bad after I try to make it do something it shouldn't........

so lets not do that anymore...

And as far as my comments about ur driving...... no change in thought

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For anyone else who would like to give me an educated response, It took the third trip to the dealership for them to advise me of the "self-preservation" device. I also visited another dealership which was much more understanding and advised me that my driving style was more than likely the cause.

I was wondering if anyone would have a suggestion other than warming my jeep up for 15 mintues or driving it 15 mph.

The only idea that I could come up with was an engine block heater to keep the engine warm to prevent damage.

If anyone else has any educated polite advice I would greatly appreciate it.

I was also wondering if anyone else has managed to have this happen to thier jeep.

Thank you

·
Registered
244 Posts
If ya think about it.... it makes sense....

But ill keep the rest to myself even though your on a nation wide site and asked an opinion and I gave it to u. And u don't like the truth. Good luck and good luck with keeping ur motor.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I believe summit sells a block heater wrap.... like a electric blanket.... instead of a inside heater like a block heater through a freeze plug... Idk of a cost for that v6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts