Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm looking for confirmation on what I have determined before I buy a vehicle.

My choices were-
-2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Quadra-Trac-2
-2012 Pathfinder 4x4 with Auto feature
-2009 Chevy Trailblazer 4x4 with Auto feature.

I want a 4x4 that has all wheel drive that will work good on dry or wet hard roads or one that automatically switches to 4x4 mode if I hit a wet or snowy patch of road that is bad. I am sticking to these years due to size and cost.

From what I have read online, the 2010 Jeep GC with (Quadra-Trac-II) sounds like it 's the best option. It keeps about 50 percent of the power to the front axle and the other 50 percent to the rear axle at all times. It works on hard road surfaces without damaging the system.

The 2012 Pathfinder in Auto 4x4 mode sends most of the power to the rear wheels and only transfers power to the front axle if it detects slippage. For the most part the front wheels are not helping to drive the vehicle forward in Auto mode. Sounds like it's more rudientary than QuadraTrac2 but works without damaging the transmission for extended use on hard dry road surfaces.

The 2009 Chevy Trailblazer I found has 4x4 and "Auto" mode for it. I'm guessing this works similar to the Pathfinder system. I couldn't find much info on how the Auto mode works but the forum post I found on it said basically not to use it since it's hard on the trasfer case. I also found posts saying the transfer case is prone to breakage due to it being a hard transfer when 4x4 is engaged. So it's best to only manually which it into 4x4 when you need it, which is not the type of system I want.

Does this all sound about right? I ask because I like the looks of the Pathfinder a little more but QuadraTrac2 sounds like the best system which I'm more concerned about than looks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts