Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Rancho makes a 3" kit for Grands but I saw on their aplicaation guide it looks like they have a part number for a 2" spring as well. Does anyone know if this actually exists? Is anyone running this spring? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Why go to the expense and effort to only put a 2" spring on. If you only want 2" of lift get a Teraflex Budget Boost. Easier job and very likely will much less. The Rancho springs don't have a real good reputation anyway.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the Rancho system. They give you an option to have 3" in the front and 2" in the rear. I went with this selection and have had no problems with it so far. I also tow a 21 foot Stratus bass boat with a 225 hp Johnson on the back and it didn't weigh down the springs that much at all. I went with the 2 in the rear because I didn't want to ride around with the bottom-end sitting up. If you measure a stock ZJ, the rear is 1/2" higher than the front anyway. So therefore, the front of mine is now 1/2 inch higher than the rear. Looks more level now though because of the slanted window style the ZJ has.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I ran the Rancho 3" on my '95 ZJ for about 4 years w/ no problems. It had sagged just a little to about 2.5" in that amount of time. I really liked it b/c the springs were stiffer and made the ZJ handle a lot more sporty on the road. I also ran RS9k's. Lots of people don't like Rancho, but of the people I know who've ran the kit.. nobody has complained about it's performance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just replaced the 2" Rancho rears with my 4.0L stock, non-Up Country fronts (which resulted in about 3.5" over stock in the rear). I personally like the look of being a little higher in the rear than the front (like a stock ZJ). The stock fronts in the rear seem to be a little stiffer than the Rancho 2" springs, and the only other difference I have noticed is that I didn't have noticeable axle shift with the 2" Rancho springs, but I do with the stock fronts. Other than that, mine is pretty much the Rancho kit - control arms, front springs, and RS5000 shocks. I had some initial alignment issues, but 3 trips back to the shop and they got it right. I would have loved to do RE, Teraflex, or Rusty's, but the Rancho kit works just fine for the mild 'wheeling I do and the 24 mile commute I have every day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the Rancho and I love them, they are stiff and sporty, They did net me 3 1/2 inches in the front and 3 in the rear. Now it is time for the BB for more height.
-chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts