Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have been reading through these articles , and i am some what confused i am hoping to clear myslef up . i am planning on lifting my Zj with 2inch Old man Emu springs ... i want to be able to fit 31 inch tires ... so will i be able to fit 31's ? with OME 2inch springs ? or will i also need ot do a budget boast or what would people recocomend . and also what wideness ina 31" tire a 9.5 ? or a 10.5?? thansk for nay help

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would skip the OME and just get the 2 inch BB it would give you the height to clear 31's and I think they are 10.5 width.

chris

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you want to spend the money go ahead and do the OME springs. People may yell at me but it's worth it.
I've got a '96 4.0L with OME 1" springs and their ~1" packers and love it. Best ride, great flex. You can ditch the stock .5" rubber packers and stick 1.75" packers for an extra ~1.25" lift and keep the OME shocks that you'll also like. I think it's the best modest lift you can buy.
If you want to go cheap do a BB but I'm not sure it's fine quality. My OME outflexes my old stock springs by a long shot and ride quality is soooo much better. Do it.

G

·
0 Posts
i agree with puting on the OME spring. it is a modest lift with those springs along but you can buy a BB to go along with it. This is about a 3.5 inch lift. it performs very well and there is more that enough room for a 31x10.50. If you would rather run a 32" you really need more lie a 4.5 inch kit. but as far as ride quality goes Old Man Emu is the was to go.(But it isnt real cheap for this setup with adjustible track bar)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just an update, I am currently running my OME 1" springs (they only make 1" springs for ZJs) with RE 2" spacers, minus the .5" factory rubber I took out, for a math of 2.5" lift. It's great, love it, I'd highly recommend this setup.
The axles do off set just a bit, but the JKS/ORGS track bar(s) should take care of that.
HTH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts