Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three questions.
1. i bought a 2" BB from rocky road outfitters for $80. Great deal. They even come with a life time warranty. The blocks are acctually 2" by themselves. Anyways, is it ok to stack them on top of the existing spacers to give me 2.5" of lift?
2. Should any hardware come with a budjet boost, and will i need to modify any of it to stack my existing and new spacers together?
3. What is a decent price to expect to get charged for the instalation of a budjet boost? I could do it my slef by renting some tools, but i dont want to risk messing any of it up. :}

Thanx guys!!

Jonathan

·
Registered
102 Posts
1) Yup, leave the factory isolater there and just slide it on there.
2) Mine had nothing but the poly spacers with the kit.
3) I think they would charge you 175-250$ to install it. Do it yourself, It's so easy and takes about 4 hours total.. Email me if you have any questions. Hell, if you lived in colo., I could help you....

·
Registered
104 Posts
You will only get around 2" of lift even if you leave the stock spacers in place. With my Tera BB I also got bump stop extenders. If possible find some good guys that could help you install the BB, labor costs are too high for anyone's budget.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very true!! I just found out today that to install new shocks and the new 2" blocks, the off road shop near me wants $250!! so that would add up to :

shox (prolly BDS) $140
Spacers(2")from rocky road outfitters $90 (including shipping)
install.. .....250

total $480..That means that i could have just bought a 3-3.5" kit from rustys or something!!!!! insane!!!

I think ill just install the #2 myself with some of my mechanic friends!!

lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts