Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't do it all the time. If I get on it it won't do it. But if I drive like your supposed to this happens. Changed the t ps and have adjusted the tv cable. Trans has 178k and is full of fluid.

heres a clip I just made with my phone

https://youtu.be/L8X-HNGOSpc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you happen to know what kind of atf fluid? Also has there been any service work on the transmission recently? Does the jeep have any other driving issues?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adjusting the TV cable so that it shorter than wide open throttle helps the issue but I'm afraid I'm going to cook the transmission doing that because I really don't know that much about the transmissions in these things

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bummer you are having troubles.
I can't tell by your video clip what the symptoms are.
The TV cable is adjusted in the idle position. If the cable runs free and the lever on the trans returns to idle position then when the engine throttle is at idle the ball socket on the cable should pop right on. +-1mm. The cable adjustment is not used to hide symptoms.
May I recommend downloading the workshop manual from Pacific Manuals apx $8. You will not be disappointed. I use the 98 manual all the time. It is about 2k pages and you can make all the copies you want. Denny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts