Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!,

this is my first post on here, but I have a quick question regarding transmission cooler lines.

my current transmission feed/return line are leaky and I’d like to replace them with either fresh hard line or soft line. I’ve tried looking on RockAuto for any hard line kits for this Jeep and I’ve have no luck so far unfortunately.

What is the replacement to these hard lines if there are no pre made kits? What fittings would I use? I could really use the help as I’m still learning as I go and I have no real clue where to begin with this project.

any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Exact replacement is a factory part.
If the steel lines are in good condition google hydraulic line repair shop.
The should be ablet to replace the rubber hose section, or make up new lines using your fittings.
Jeep radiators have plastic tanks that a solid line from the transmission would crack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L with 42RE transmission that had the quick disconnect transmission lines that started to leak. I took them to a hose repair shop. They were able to modify my lines to get rid of the problematic quick release connections and modified the ends to the radiator and trans cooler so I could use transmission hose with hose clamps. They brazed barb fittings on the ends. That way, I could replace the hose as needed without having to pull the whole line out. As a bonus, it cost less than buying new lines!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts