Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
A few weeks ago, returning home from Christmas, the transmission died on my finance and I.
Funny post...haha ... never thought of calling my fiance' a finance. But I guess we do finance Jeeps but we also 'finance' things for our fiance's and wifeys.

Cool. :)

Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny post...haha ... never thought of calling my fiance' a finance. But I guess we do finance Jeeps but we also 'finance' things for our fiance's and wifeys.

Cool. :)

Sent you a PM.
Gotta love auto-correct. PM'ed ya back. Thanks - Brent

·
Registered
18 Posts
transfer case

interested in the transfer case this is the 2wd option transfer case correct ? also would you be willing to meet me in the middle Im about three hours south of you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
interested in the transfer case this is the 2wd option transfer case correct ? also would you be willing to meet me in the middle Im about three hours south of you
Yes, this one is the T-case with the options as follows:

NP-242:

2wd Hi
4wd Hi (Part Time)
4wd Hi (Full Time)
N
4wd Lo (Part Time)

Would you be willing to meet in Janesville, WI?

Like I said in the first post, I'm not going to get around to parting this until the snow clears.

You're the first guy to inquire about the T-Case though, so you've got dibs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if the front axle has a u joint yoke i need one!....shipping to 30606
I have one on the shelf for you. I've dismantled Jeep Cherokees in the past and I have taken a few Dana 30s apart in the process...

The yoke that I have has been cleaned up by me and then stored. It's a SPICER part. It has some seal wear on it, but it will do the job you need it to do just fine. If you are worried about leaking fluid from the seal, you can get a speedy sleeve for it.

How's $25 Shipped?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FYI

I've actually gotten a tip from a friend on a Jeep that was hit from the rear a few days ago. It has a good motor and transmission in it. I'm going to take a look and see if I can get my hands on it, this way I could swap the driveline into my ZJ and keep mine going.

I haven't sold anyone any parts off of my ZJ yet so it is still able to be resurrected if I choose to do so. Let me see how this one looks before I continue to say that I am going to part my ZJ out.

Thanks - Brent

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you part ill take

if you decide to part it out

i need the grille
the driver headlight and mounting assembly
pretty much everything that mounts the grill and headlights
let me know shipped to PA 17721

·
Registered
81 Posts
FYI

I've actually gotten a tip from a friend on a Jeep that was hit from the rear a few days ago. It has a good motor and transmission in it. I'm going to take a look and see if I can get my hands on it, this way I could swap the driveline into my ZJ and keep mine going.

I haven't sold anyone any parts off of my ZJ yet so it is still able to be resurrected if I choose to do so. Let me see how this one looks before I continue to say that I am going to part my ZJ out.

Thanks - Brent

If you want to part it out I am interested in the motor. would need it to be shipped to 29063 SC.

Thanks.
Drew

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you want to part it out I am interested in the motor. would need it to be shipped to 29063 SC.

Thanks.
Drew
I am going to list the large items that I will not ship and their prices, smaller items I am willing to ship and I can give prices out later.

Running 4.0L HO (Throttle Body to Oil Pan) - $150
Sorry, I'm not even willing to mess with shipping something that large.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the Jeep still sits out in my driveway. I looked into the other Jeep with the good transmission and it was not the model trans that I need, had a V8.

So I'm back to square one on this thing, still looking at trying to sell it whole or to sell it in parts once the weather gets nicer out.

Thats where we sit right now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you decide to part it out

i need the grille
the driver headlight and mounting assembly
pretty much everything that mounts the grill and headlights
let me know shipped to PA 17721
If I go that route, I'll do $100 shipped on the grille and both headlight and turnsignal assemblies. Let me know if that works for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just joined this board so I could reply to this! LOL

I might be interested in your motor if/when you start the part out. I'm just under 300 miles south of ya. Could we work out a meeting part way maybe? I definately in no hurry so after the snow is gone would be good.

There would probably be some other parts I'd be interested in also. Gotta check out the ZJ I just bought to see what all I need. Like you I'm holding out for better weather... LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just joined this board so I could reply to this! LOL

I might be interested in your motor if/when you start the part out. I'm just under 300 miles south of ya. Could we work out a meeting part way maybe? I definately in no hurry so after the snow is gone would be good.

There would probably be some other parts I'd be interested in also. Gotta check out the ZJ I just bought to see what all I need. Like you I'm holding out for better weather... LOL
Driving 300 miles (150 each way) is going to cost me some gas money. Let me think about it, I've also had some local people interested in the motor as well...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, this one is the T-case with the options as follows:

NP-242:

2wd Hi
4wd Hi (Part Time)
4wd Hi (Full Time)
N
4wd Lo (Part Time)

Would you be willing to meet in Janesville, WI?

Like I said in the first post, I'm not going to get around to parting this until the snow clears.

You're the first guy to inquire about the T-Case though, so you've got dibs.
let me know if and when you start parting her out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So its looking like I'm going to be selling the Jeep whole. I found a buyer who will be coming by to pick it up in a few days.

Thanks, - Brent

1 - 20 of 21 Posts