Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my last post I have been back to the dealer several times. They eventually installed a new amp. No issues until yesterday when the constant audio tone returned. The tone was present while in AM FM and SAT mode. It is coming from all speakers. If I go to hands free or media mode the tone goes away. I immediately drove to the dealership so they could hear it AGAIN. They checked and found app. 13 stored codes for speaker input/output problems, video input problem etc. I am beyond frustrated with this ! This is the most expensive vehicle I have ever purchased and I have already had it back to the dealership and body shop a half dozen times. I have owned used vehicles with less issues. Anyone out there having a similar problem ? Curious if it could be a problem with a short in the antenna since it only happens in the AM FM SAT mode. I think I read somewhere that one owner found a loose antenna connection under his dash. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there, just joined. I have a 2018 Sterling Edition and I have never had any kind of problems with the audio system. Is everything stock still? ?. Kevin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
System is completely stock. After another visit to the dealership they found that the new replacement amp was also defective and installed a second new amp. That was app. a year ago and so far so good. Occasionaly when the system powers up I will hear a loud boom/pop from the speakers, but that is it. No other issues

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's kinda weird. There shouldn't be any kind of boom/pop from the stock system. I used to have stuff like that happen in my Talons/Eclipses, when I had upgraded amps/speakers. I did have one thing happen, through my stereo system, when I was driving before. I have no clue, how I can't remember what it was. It will come back to me soon, and I will message you about it. After I finally figured out what it was, I felt SO stupid. ? They make you message someone on here, before you can receive a message, that was sent to you? ?‍♂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts